I found these questions on AceRailgun’s Blog. It’s pretty interesting and thought I’d give it a whirl.
Questions about anime
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
Kraft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf – all that intelligent banter and subtle use of language. He could keep up with Holo the wise wolf.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
Yomi from Ga Rei Zero – the first time I got so attached to a character.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
(edit) upon further mind wrenching contemplation, can’t decide between this and Macross Frontier: Neko Nikki
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
Gundam Wing – Endless Waltz
That conversation between Heero and Marimaeia. “…see for yourself just how powerless you are!” “roger that”
then <shngngngngngngwooooooooooossshhhhH!!> x3
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Isaac and Miria, can’t have one without the other. It would be an totally random rofl encounter.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
I guess I’m like Ren Mihashi from Big Windup. I usually takes me a large effort to summon up courage to do regular things, or maybe Jacuzzi Splot from Baccano!. When comes down to it though, I’m pretty dependable.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
The fact that the characters are themselves. Good actors/actresses can portray a character really well and even make you forget that they’re acting. In anime it’s purer and you get attached to the character without an in between.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
Voices that are too squeaky. Especially if you can visualize that some of those voices are coming from adults.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Kraft Lawrence and Holo the Wise Wolf
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Sakamoto-san from Nichijou
or maybe the crow that took his scarf.
Yes, that’s a crow.
13. What anime would make a good game?
Chihayafuru, an online game of karuta to see who clicks faster and more accurately.
14. What game would make a good anime?
It would be probably be CG, but Starcraft: The Movie has been something I’ve been dreaming of for a long time.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
Ie Naki no Remi “Nobody’s Girl”
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
I don’t think so.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Romance and Slice of Life
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
errrr…. hmmm…. there’s nothing in particular that comes to mind.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
I am. Although I am also conscious of appropriate content for an appropriate audience.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Nope, my parents are over there though. I might visit in the future.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Gankutsuou, I really liked The Count of Monte Cristo novel. I guess it’s just a case of having too high expectations.
22. What anime was better then expected?
Ga Rei Zero, I watched it randomly when I was bored. It’s the series that got me into seriously watching anime.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Samurai X: Kenshin’s duel with Saito inside the dojo, especially that part with the horizontal jump from the wall
24. Who is your anime waifu?
Waifu? None, but if you ask me a female character I really admire: Holo for language mastery and wit.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Any of the Megaman/Rockman games.
Questions about me
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
During highschool we had a play, and I was the main character. In the ending scene I was supposed to shout, “Marrriaa!”
However I have difficulty with a Mexican sounding “r.” So it ended up sounding like “MMwwwrrriah” and everyone started laughing. At that moment, I wished I had the ability to continuously shrink and disappear into nothingness. Alas, but I can’t.
27a. Can you drive?
Yes, my motto is: Safety>Urgency>Passenger Comfort
27b. Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
I love both of them, but I prefer cats since… they’re so difficult.
31. Describe yourself physically.
Average height, lean build “HU! ha! herrr!” <shadowboxes like a ninja boxer>, My mom thinks I’m handsome, I think I don’t look too shabby as well, but I’m not sure if that counts. My niece said I look a bit like Seiji from Whisper of the Heart, especially the hair. Not too sure about that, but I might agree with the hair. I’m not that fair skinned though.
See? the hair!
32. What would you name your first child?
hmmmm…. nothing in mind. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
My worst injury happened when I was a child. I tied a blue towel around my neck and was jumping around on the sofa shouting SUPERMAN!!! Turns out that the man of steel’s head was no match against a concrete corner post. Blood everywhere! D:
34. What is your worse habit?
I crack my finger joints for both fingers and toes unconsciously. I repress it when I’m conscious, but it pops up every now and then. I also randomly burst out into song every so often.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
No x2. I prefer not to take something that affects my sense of judgement and… having a vice that has that many negative effects with so little return value.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
No. I don’t like the idea of permanently attaching something that I might regret later on.
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Have been both at different stages in life.
38. Have you ever slept past midday
Yes, the longest slumber I recall was one right after a really tiring 4 day bivuoac. I slept 9 in the evening and woke up around 6pm the next day. I had dinner and then went to sleep again. -.- zzzzz
39. Do you regret anything?
Yes. If didn’t regret anything though, it means I had lived a perfect life. Which I haven’t. Although if it means being able to accept the way things as they are even if some of those experiences are bad, in that sense I guess I don’t regret anything.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Friends that I really feel relaxed and comfortable with as though they were family, I could count on two hands.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Nope. I liked the idea though when I was little.
42. Are you a picky eater?
Yes, but I FORCE myself to eat those veggies, especially bitter gourds/melons. GRAWNOMNOMNOM GULP!
43. Would you die for someone?
If it’s to save someone else’s life? Yes. I think so. Although we wouldn’t really know unless it comes down to that situation.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Nothing too common. I’ve toyed around with the idea that it would be great if people were able to make other people feel exactly what they feel.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Defining supernatural as “something beyond the natural world.” Yes. If everything in life can be measured by the senses or could be grasped by logic, life would be very boring, to the point of being meaningless.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
I would like to be rich without anyone knowing that I am.
47. Have you ever committed a crime.
No. I’ve done wrong things before, but not so great in magnitude as to constitute a crime in the legal sense.
Pirates or ninjas? Time Traveler or ghost?
Ninjas. although they are both cool. A time traveler sounds much more interesting.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
So… how do I even verify this? Maybe.
50. Are you in a relationship?
Yes, sort of.